Internships at Asia Pacific Initiative (API)
API offers full-time and part-time internships for undergraduates, postgraduate students, and recent graduates who are interested in gaining practical experience at a public policy think tank. Under the supervision of project managers, interns participate in a variety of activities that support individual programs, including research, writing, editing, project development, project management and outreach activities.
Instructions for Applicants
At API, we do not offer a generic internship program and instead we ask applicants to select an internship spot for a specific program. The individual project managers will review internship applications and interview those selected.
- Must be at least a college junior in good standing, a postgraduate student or a recent graduate;
- Must be eligible to work for API (e.g., proper visa in the case of foreign nationals);
- Must have at least a basic level of Japanese;
- Must have adequate PC skills with a remote-working setup at home (including password-protected Wi-Fi and a PC equipped with Excel, PowerPoint and antivirus software)
Terms and Conditions
Duration: More than 6 months
Work hours: More than 2 days per week as per agreed work schedule
Remuneration: To be paid as per API’s internal scale
Work place: Remote work (unless otherwise instructed)
Please submit the following information in PDF format to . The personal information we receive will not be used for anything other than this purpose. When you send the email, please send it from your university email account (not from a free email account such as Gmail). We do not accept ZIP files.
- Proposed period of internship (including the earliest possible start date)
- CV and cover letter (please look at API’s website and indicate all of the projects you are interested in)
- Short essay discussing your opinion on a current issue (up to 300 words)
We will only contact applicants short-listed for interviews.
If you have any questions, please contact us at .