We will create an independent intellectual community rooted in the Asia Pacific to revive liberalism and promote the liberal international order.
Liberal International Order
- The world has reached a point at which liberalism is being challenged at its roots. Asia Pacific Initiative will conceive of and advocate a new role for Japan to revive liberalism in collaboration with the rest of the world. We will open new frontiers of rebuilding and take the initiative towards its realization.
- To investigate Japan’s potential role to build and maintain the liberal international order in Asia Pacific for the achievement of regional and international peace and prosperity.
- To create an intellectual community in which new ideas can be stimulated, discussed and proposed that have an impact upon society.
Truth, Independence, Humanity
- To critically review and analyze based upon the facts about the opportunities and challenges facing the Asia Pacific region from the viewpoint of Japan.
- To take pride in the fact that our activities, such as advocacy, research and publications, are not influenced by political organizations and specific ideologies by preserving independence in funding and operations.
- To adopt a global outlook by interacting and sharing findings implicating the Asia Pacific region with strategic thinkers, policy makers, business leaders and the general public around the world.